dear brothers / sisters in Christ
Who are the Bible Students?
- The Bible Students are an independent, non-denominational Christian fellowship. Congregations are worldwide. Each local congregation is totally independent; we have no central headquarters.
- The servants or ministers are unpaid and elected from within our local congregations on an annual basis, based on Scriptural qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- We take no collections. All expenses are met by unsolicited, voluntary contributions.
- In most cases, we hold no real estate. Most congregations generally meet in rented facilities. Smaller groups often meet in private homes.
- We accept Christ as our personal Savior, and that he died not only for the Christian, but for the whole world. (1 Timothy 2:5,6; 4:10; John 3:16)
- We accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God and study it in its entirety - seeking the harmony of the complete Scriptural testimony. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17)
- We believe that each individual is responsible to personally study and prove the interpretation of the Bible for themselves. (2 Timothy 2:15) We strongly recommend topical Bible study as the best means of arriving at God’s meaning on a subject, and we provide study aids to that end. We support continual Bible reading on a personal basis.
- We encourage a complete, personal consecration of our all to God`s accepting the trials and sufferings that such a life brings as not worthy of comparison with all the joys and glories to come. (Romans 12:1,2; 8:17-19, 22-23; 2 Timothy 2:11,12)
- We have Sunday and weeknight topical studies on Biblical sujects. We welcome all sincere Christians to join with us in our worship services and studies of the Lord`s Word.
- We are active in spreading the gospel message - telling others about God`s wonderful plans through newspapers, videos, television, radio, literature and the Internet.
- We urge parental responsibility in the religious education and training of our children. However, most congregations do provide children`s classes at their Sunday services and at conventions.
- Many congregations sponsor regional conventions throughout the year. An International Convention of Bible Students is held bi-annually in Europe.